Monday, August 3, 2009

first post :) and some swatches, swatch comparisons and reviews

Hello beautifuls! I was going to post a FOTD, but I already washed off my make up. anyways, ill leave you with some other goodies. I picked up a gorgeous OPI nail polish yesterday (mrs. o'leary's BBQ), along with MAC Angel, a lipstick I wanted to try ever since hearing it was one of Kim Kardashian's faves (I absolutely love her). 
on to the swatches! :)
OPI mrs. o'leary's BBQ:
My initial thoughts on this is that while its a stunning color, it's chipped much faster than any of my other OPI polishes. 
As you can see, some of the tips of my nails are already starting to chip which is quite uncommon with me. I'll continue to use
because it''s so gorgeous, but after applying it only yesterday, I expected to have no chips at all today. Sorry for the messy job btw,
I was in a run!
Photobucket
Photobucket

Also, here is the lovely infamous Angel. I love it so far! It lasted fairly long (about 3 hours, more or less) and it was such a pretty pink-
I want to say a bubble-gummy nude if that makes any sense, hahah :)
I heard quite a few girls comparing it to 3N so I showed a comparison picture of that. I agree that they are a bit similar, but definitely
not too the extent where I can't own both. 3N shows up more nude on me, while Angel is definitely more pink and a bit darker.
bare lips:
Photobucket
Angel:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
3N:
Photobucket
3N and Angel comparisons: (3N on left, Angel on right)
Photobucket

Alright girlies, I'm off to the gym :)x

10 comments:

  1. Angel does look like a Kim color :) I didn't know 3N was such a neutral color!! I must have it! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps. SO happy you started a blog, love!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the mac angel lipstick and I never even knew it was that great until I saw it on every blog! It just sat in my purse. Haha, it is awesome though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such pretty lips, girly

    ReplyDelete
  5. that red is gorgeous!

    oh angel, its so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank youu allll, lovelyss:) xx
    and yes natty, you HAVE to get it, its amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just bought Angel as well! I donno why I didn't get it before! Ive always heard good things about it. I love it! And I'm SO jealous you have 3N I'm literally on a freakin hunt for the lipstick! Urrg!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been used myth by mac for years now but its a little too matte and really drys the lips I definitely want to try 3n I like how its really glossy but you still get a strong nude colour!

    ReplyDelete
  9. courtneyy- ah i never used to wear it, but then i found it in my drawer and brought it back out and now its possibly my favorite!

    and lily-yeah i hahve myth too. i use it under angel sometimes to lighten the color or under other dark lippies :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. South Coast Plaza is amazing! I want my ashes spread over it when I die. You're so lucky you live close to it!

    ReplyDelete