Friday, January 6, 2012

Updated Skincare Routine..PIC HEAVY

Hey guys..it's been awhile! I was busy with a lot of things and took a break from blogging, but now I plan on coming back and in full force ;) I've missed all of you and blogging in general so I hope you all remember lol...and enjoy this! <3


Skin Type: Normal to dry
Here are two pictures I just snapped to give you an idea of what my face looks like first thing in the morning..excuse the no makeup LOL
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Makeup Remover: Ponds Cold Cream
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I use ponds cold cream religiously to take off my face makeup. When I first began using it, it cleared up acne I had and has helped me maintain a smooth complexion, that always feels moisturized albeit never greasy. I take a good sized dollop and massage it into my face in circles. When the cream emulsifies into a clear or milky liquid, I take a tissue and wipe it off. I know there are a lot of methods to using this, but this is what works for me. I sometimes do and sometimes don't wash my face after, it depends on my mood. It really doesn't affect my skin differently either way.




Face Wash #1: Clean&Clear Deep Action Cream Cleanser
Image and video hosting by TinyPic


This face wash makes my skin so soft! I love to use it after a good workout or when I'm tired as it really perks me up. It has a cooling tingling feeling once it reaches your face, but it isn't obnoxious, it's more subtle. I haven't found it to be irritating although I only leave it on for about 20-30 seconds; anymore than that and I realize it starts to dry out my skin a little. I have to make sure my face isn't soaking wet or I end up using more product...your skin only needs to be slightly more than damp. I only use this 1x a day due to the fact I don't wash my face in the morning with anything other than water 99% of the time.


Face Wash #2: Clearasil Ultra Acne+Marks Wash and Mask
Image and video hosting by TinyPic


I wrote about this here. It is my favorite face wash, but I feel my skin doesn't need it every day. Anytime I start to break out whether I'm just having a bad skin day, it's around that time of the month or my skin reacts badly to a product, I use this and by morning, my skin is 100x better. AMAZING...have used this for years.


Moisturizer #1: Clean&Clear Dual Action Moisturizer
Image and video hosting by TinyPic


My bottle looks different due to the fact that I have the target brand version, but they are the exact same thing :) I use this when my skin doesn't need a LOT of moisturizing as it is quite light but it makes my skin so smooth and radiant, almost silky. When it's not winter and my skin doesn't need a lot of moisture, I use this after I wash my face and it helps to treat acne while keeping my skin baby soft.


Moisturizer #2: Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream
Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Again, my tub looks different due to the fact that I bought the bed, bath and beyond version of this cream, but it is the exact same thing. I use this when I need a lot of moisture as it is quite heavy but NOT greasy. It leaves my skin very soft which I love but I have to make sure my skin is a bit damp when I apply it..it leaves a lighter layer while still sinking in and providing a good amount of moisture. I use this primarily in the winter. The texture is almost whipped and cool.


Treatment: Stridex Acne Alcohol Free Naturally Clear Pads
Image and video hosting by TinyPic


I actually have no clue what this is called LOL I'm reading off the label and I can't tell what part is the name, but I'm sure if you go to Target/Rite Aid/etc., you'll easily spot it due to the picture :) I don't use these often, but when I do it leaves my skin very soft and glowy when I wake up. I'll use it before bed when I feel like my skin needs some perking up. It also helps reduce any acne I have as well as inflammation.


Exfoliator/Mask #1:Freeman Facial Enzyme Mask
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
MY FAVORITE MASK IN THE ENTIRE WORLD! This has to be my favorite face product along with the Clearasil face wash. While St. Ives worked great for me, I kept hearing about how it leaves little tears in your skin so I started looking for a new exfoliator. This one works amazingly for me. It was only $3 at Ulta and leaves my skin soft, silky, moisturized, glowing, clear, EVERYTHING! It is a chemical exfoliant meaning you don't rub it like a normal exfoliator..you leave it on like a mask and it eats away at the dead skin. You are supposed to leave it on for 5-10 mins, but I leave it on for anywhere from 5 mins to an hour. It smells lush like fresh pineapples. I use this four times a week, more or less. This has really improved my skin and I adore it. Great reviews on Makeupalley as well.


Mask #2: Queen Helene Grape Seed Extract Peel Off Masque
Image and video hosting by TinyPic


What a mouthful LOL! This is one of my other favorite face products. It smells like grape bubblegum which I love but the scent goes away quickly. When I first bought this I wasn't sure it did anything other than for novelty purposes and I found that to be true the first time I used it. I read amazing reviews on makeupalley and tried it again. With using it more than once, it really starts to work. It leaves my skin clearer and clears up any acne as well as preventing than anything else. While I used to love the Queen Helene Julep mask, I feel as if this is the best treatment. It leaves my skin so soft and SO CLEAR. It is much easier to peel off than any other peel off mask I have tried and dries in about 10-15 mins. I use quite a bit each time so be warned you will have to use more than you expect but I have used it multiple times and still have a lot left plus it is only $3 or so at Ulta so it doesn't set you back much :)


Hope you girls enjoy this! What are your HG skin care items (and skin type)?! I'd love to hear :) 

3 comments: